While others are indulging in dark chocolate for Valentine’s day, those of us following a low-oxalate diet are discovering other sweet options — like this creamy, fruity cheesecake parfait. Made with low-oxalate ingredients, this lower-fat cheesecake will make your Valentine smile (and make your kidneys happy).
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 1/2 cup low fat ricotta cheese
- 4 oz fat-free cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons Splenda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- Graham crackers (optional)
- Blend ricotta cheese, cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of sugar, vanilla and 1 cup of strawberries. Process until its smooth and transfer it to a bowl.
- Set aside 4 strawberries for garnish. Blend the rest of the strawberries, water and remaning 2 tablespoons of sugar. Pulse to chop the strawberries.
- Divide the strawberry-cheese mixture among four dessert goblets, and then top with the strawberry sauce.
- Garnish with a strawberry and a graham cracker as an optional treat.
Nutritional Analysis (Per Serving)
Calories – 76
Total Fat – 1 g
Cholesterol – 12 mg
Sodium – 228 mg
Potassium – 122 mg
Carbohydrates – 18 g
Sugar 5 g
Protein – 9 g
Download the Strawberry Cheesecake Remix here!