Low-Oxalate Mediterranean Watermelon Salad
Summer is almost here, which means dining al fresco during lazy summer evenings. This Mediterranean Watermelon Salad is a perfect complement for your next dinner on the grill. With low-oxalate ingredients, like red onions and feta, and the sweet taste of watermelon, you won’t even realize you’re enjoying a side that’s helping you maintain your kidney health!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Serves: 6 (2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 cups cubed watermelon (about 1/2 of a medium watermelon)
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions
- 1/4 packed cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup cubed feta cheese
- Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, and white pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine cubed watermelon, olives, onions and mint in a large serving bowl.
- Pour the olive oil mixture into the large serving bowl and toss until the watermelon is covered.
- Place cubed feta in the bowl and mix carefully. Serve your watermelon salad immediately.
Nutritional Analysis (Per Serving)
Total Carbohydrates: 16 grams
Total Fat: 8 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Dietary Fiber: 1 grams
Cholesterol: 11 mg
Sodium: 117 mg
Sugar: 14 gram