This low-oxalate baked lemon chicken is easy-to-make and loaded with flavor! It is a quick and delicious meal for weeknight dinners with the family, all while taking the right steps toward maintaining healthy kidneys.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 2 ½ pound chicken (cut as desired)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1 cup cornflour
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Garnish with sage or thyme
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Wash chicken parts thoroughly and pat dry; rub with lemon juice.
- In a small bag, combine flour, onion powder, corn flakes, and poultry seasoning. Shake well.
- Place chicken in bag of ingredients, using the largest pieces first. Shake well.
- In a shallow baking pan (about 1″ deep), grease with vegetable oil.
- Arrange coated chicken in pan.
- Brown in oven 20-30 minutes on each side.
Carbohydrates: 18.2 grams
Total Fat: 15.4 grams
Protein: 27.8 grams
Cholesterol: 113 milligrams
Calcium: 161 milligrams
Magnesium: 34.4 milligrams
Iron: 4.0 milligrams
Potassium: 306 milligrams
Sodium: 142 milligrams
Vitamin A: 198 IU
Vitamin C: 8.6 milligrams
Vitamin E: 3.2 micrograms