Give some dimension to this classic low-oxalate holiday side dish by adding both color and texture. This green bean salad is both delicious and kidney-friendly!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 ½ pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce blue cheese (or feta cheese)
- Blanch the green beans in a large pot of salted boiling water until tender-crisp.
- Remove and run under cold water to stop the cooking. Drain/ dry well.
- Wisp together oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Stir in salt.
- Add the cool beans to a large bowl and toss in cranberries and shallots and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
- Place on serving dish and sprinkle with blue cheese (or feta).
Carbohydrates: 14.6 grams
Total Fat: 2.4 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.4 grams
Protein: 5 grams
Cholesterol: 5.25 milligrams
Sodium: 735 milligrams
Sugars: 3 grams