When you’re craving a salty, crunchy snack on a low-oxalate diet, potato chips are off the table. Instead, turn to the frozen food aisle for an unexpectedly delicious savory treat. Our Garlic Parmesan Roasted Green Peas have just the right amount of crunch to satisfy your potato chip craving.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 12 1/2 cup servings
- 3 cups frozen green peas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Thaw frozen green peas. Allow thawed peas to sit on a paper towel for 15 minutes, and then blot with a dry paper towel to ensure as much moisture as possible is removed.
- Place thawed green peas, olive oil, garlic, and parmesan cheese into a bowl and mix well; Make sure the green peas are coated completely.
- Spread the coated green peas on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and stir the peas to make sure they are roasting evenly.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Let cool, and then serve!
- Uneaten peas may be saved for up to a week in an airtight plastic storage container.
Nutritional Analysis (Per Serving)
Calories – 35
Total Fat – 1 g
Cholesterol – 0 mg
Sodium – 80 mg
Potassium – 106 mg
Carbohydrates – 6 g
Sugar 2 g
Protein – 2 g
Download the Garlic Parmesean Roasted Green Peas recipe here!