Crunchy Baked Parmesan Chips
A low-oxalate diet doesn’t mean saying no to the satisfying crunch of a potato chip. Using freshly grated parmesan cheese and low-oxalate spices, these crunchy baked parmesan chips are the perfect snack or garnish for your next dinner!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 70 minutes
Serves: 6 (2 chips per serving)
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp white pepper
¼ tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray, and then cover with parchment paper — the oil helps the paper lay flat!
- Mix parmesan cheese and seasonings in a bowl until the cheese is well coated.
- Drop a tablespoon of parmesan cheese onto the baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch between. Flatten the cheese into a single layer.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes until they melt completely. Keep a close eye on your chips — they can burn quickly!
- Allow to cool on the parchment-lined baking sheet before transferring to a serving dish.
Nutritional Analysis (Per Serving)
Total Carbohydrates: 13 grams
Total Fat: 5 grams
Protein: 14 grams
Dietary Fiber: 2 grams
Cholesterol: 13 mg
Sodium: 90 mg
Sugar: 1 gram