Rice is a classic side that goes with anything, especially fresh, low-oxalate stir fry. Now you can say “yes” to rice — and sneak extra veggies into your family meal — with this quick and easy cauliflower rice recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed, separated into 1-inch florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Parsley leaves as garnish
- Cut away as much stem as possible from the florets.
- In 3 batches, break up the florets into a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles couscous.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the oil starts smoking, add onions and stir to coat. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the onions are golden brown at the edges and have softened (about 8 minutes).
- Add the cauliflower and stir to combine. Add salt and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower has softened (3-5 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Spoon the cauliflower into a large serving bowl, garnish with the parsley.
- Sprinkle with the lemon juice and season to taste with salt if needed.
Total Carbohydrates: 11.9 grams
Total Fat: 10.3 grams
Dietary Fiber: 5.4 grams
Protein: 4.2 grams
Vitamin C: 101 milligrams
Calcium: 50.5 milligrams
Magnesium: 32.6 milligrams
Potassium: 654 milligrams