These low-oxalate barbecue cups make for the perfect appetizer or add on to any meal. They are fun to make by yourself or with family and friends and are guaranteed to keep your loved ones and your kidneys happy.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 3/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 10 ounces package low-fat corn-flour refrigerator biscuits
- 1/2 cup hickory smoke-flavor barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion flakes over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in barbecue sauce; cook until mixture just begins to bubble.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons dough into each muffin cup. Press dough in bottom and up the sides of each cup.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons beef mixture into each cup.
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 400° Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of each cup. Let stand 5 minutes. Remove from the pan.
Carbohydrates: 19 grams
Total Fat: 15.8 grams
Protein: 10.1 grams
Dietary Fiber: 0.6 milligrams
Calcium: 112 milligrams
Sugar: 5.7 milligrams
Iron: 1.4 milligrams
Vitamin A: 162 IU
Vitamin C: 0.8 milligrams
Zinc: 1.8 milligrams